Easy Crockpot Apple Butter
Don’t be fooled by the title, this is a completely dairy-free recipe! With seasonal apples, naturally sweet dates and warming spices this recipe will not only taste delicious on a slice of toast but also make your kitchen smell divine!
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
4-5 medjool dates, pitted
2 Tbs. water or orange juice
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. In a large bowl, toss chopped apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla extract until well combined. Pour spiced apples into crockpot.
2. Add medjool dates, vanilla extract and water to a blender. Secure lid and blend on high until pureed, scraping down the sides or adding more liquid 1 teaspoon at a time as needed to blend.
3. Pour date puree over apples in the crockpot, stir to combine, and sprinkle with sea salt. Secure lid over crock pot, set heat to high and cook for 1 hour.
4. Decrease heat to low, stirring apples once, and cook 8-10 hours or overnight until thickened. Uncover and cook an additional 1 hour.
5. Turn off heat and let apple butter cool. Scoop into airtight containers and store up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
Reduce inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging and reduce risk of long-term disease.
Prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Support the body’s resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response.
Improves mood, memory, and focus.
Reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases.