A few pantry staples are all you need to make satisfying bars that are packed with ingredients and perfect for the grab-and-go rush. They are vegan and Gluten Free.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal (such as Erewhon brand)
- ½ cup dried cherries (snipped into pieces)
- ¼ cup white chia seeds
- ¼ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown rice syrup or agave syrup
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, cereal, cherries, chia seeds and shredded coconut; stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine peanut butter, brown rice syrup and vanilla, stirring occasionally, for 4–8 minutes. Heat until ingredients are softened and easily stirred. Pour peanut butter mixture over dry ingredients, and stir with a wooden spoon to mix very well. Pour mixture into prepared pan, and place a piece of parchment paper over top. Press down firmly and evenly on parchment with your hands to pack mixture into the pan. Chill for 30 minutes, slice into bars and wrap bars individually to store. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in a ziptop, freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
PER SERVING (1 thick bar): 235 cal, 12g fat (5g mono, 3g poly, 4g sat), 0mg chol, 24mg sodium, 38g carb (5g fiber, 15g sugars), 9g protein
Reduce inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging and reduce risk of long-term disease.
Prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Support the body’s resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response.
Improves mood, memory, and focus.
Reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases.