Orange Tomato Soup
My Homemade Vegetable Stock and Mock Sour Cream make this a light but satisfying vegan soup. You can also use store-bought vegetable broth instead of homemade. The bell peppers complement the taste and the nutrient content of the tomatoes. If you don’t want to chop, see, and peel the tomatoes, you can use canned chopped tomatoes instead of fish.
2 orange bell peppers
2 cups Homemade Vegetable Stock
Sea Salt and black pepper to taste
1/4 cup Mock Sour Cream, as garnish
1. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then drain and peel.
2. Chop the tomatoes coarsely and seed them.
3. Roast the bell peppers over an open flame for about 2 minutes per side or until the skin is blistered. Allow to cool in a paper bag for 5 minutes, then peel, see, and coarsely chop.
4. Combine the tomatoes and peppers in a blender and blend until smooth.
5. In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, peppers, and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
6. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the soup is smooth and cooked through.
7. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Pour into bowls and garnish with Mock Sour Cream.
Reduce inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging and reduce risk of long-term disease.
Prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Support the body’s resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response.
Improves mood, memory, and focus.
Reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases.