This simple pea soup takes minutes to prepare and offers a rich creaminess and savory flavor everyone will love. Onion and cardamom add depth to the classic pea soup while ginger offers a subtle and unexpected spiciness. The fiber in the peas helps pull toxins out of the body. You can easily whip up this 6-ingredient soup with a basic blender or food processor making a perfect lunch, dinner or leftovers.
1 Tbs. butter
1 large onion, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 tsp. ground cardamom
4 cups vegetable broth
32 ounces frozen green peas
½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. sea salt (adjust as needed to taste)
1. Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat and melt butter.
2. Add onion and ginger and sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Stir in cardamom and let cook for one additional minute.
4. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add peas and simmer, uncovered, until very tender, about 10 minutes.
5. In batches, purée soup using immersion blender, food processor, or blender until completely smooth (about one minute per batch). For safety with hot liquids, fill blender no more than half full. Return soup to pan and season with salt and pepper, adding more to taste if needed.