Egg Salad with Turmeric
It’s hard to beat the combination of eggs, celery, and turmeric for brain health. You can spread this egg salad on toast, eat it in a sandwich, or serve it on a bed of mixed greens. It’s delicious with sliced tomatoes or thinly sliced scallions. For extra antioxidant power, add a few teaspoons of minced parsley or watercress. I prefer the taste of free-range hens (adult female chickens) whose yolks get their bright yellow color from the marigolds and grubs they graze on.
½ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbs. capers
¼ cup diced celery
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. minced dill
1 tsp. minced chives
Salt or salt substitute and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the eggs in a pan of cold water. Slowly bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Cover the pan, remove from the heat, and let the eggs sit for 7 minutes.
2. Drain the eggs and cool them in a bowl of water with ice.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, herbs, and spices.
4. Shell the eggs, then mash them with a fork or cut them into small cubes.
5. Fold the eggs into the seasoned mayonnaise.
Chef’s Note: To make shelling the eggs easier, add a splash of vinegar to the cooking water. If you’re serving this dish as a salad, refrigerate it first for a minimum of 2 hours.
Reduce inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging and reduce risk of long-term disease.
Prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Support the body’s resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response.
Improves mood, memory, and focus.
Reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases.