The chlorophyll in fresh parsley gives this herb its antioxidant power, while vitamin C makes it a good anti-inflammatory. Parsley also contains folic acid, which is great for protecting your heart. I use a half cup of fresh parsley in these delicious meatballs, then sprinkle more on top when plating. I’ve included a quick gravy recipe that goes well with these meatballs or over mashed potatoes.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. To make the meatballs, combine the first six ingredients in a large bowl. With your hands, shape mixture into about 24 medium-sized meatballs.
3. Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and fry until brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
4. Place meatballs in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
5. To make the mushroom gravy, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until heated through, about 7-10 minutes.