Thyme’s vibrant flavor enhances mild goat cheese and eggs and aromatically complements parsley’s steady flavor. Make these easy, egg-based bites up to three days in advance, and store in the fridge for a quick power breakfast on busy days.
Herb and Goat Cheese Crustless Quiches
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup packed and shredded baby spinach or kale
- ½ cup lightly packed, minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. fresh thyme leaves
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup low-fat (1 percent) cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and grease a standard muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Chop shallot, greens, parsley and thyme in a food processor. Stir together with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Divide evenly into prepared pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20–22 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for 2 minutes in pan, and run a paring knife around edges to loosen. Serve warm.
PER SERVING: 87 cal, 4g fat (2g mono, 1g poly, 2g sat), 127mg chol, 201mg sodium, 5 carb (0g fiber, 0g sugars), 7g protein