Want to spice it up tonight? Here’s a delicious and nutritious ways to do it. For super quick prep, purchase already peeled and deveined shrimp. To tame the spicy heat, add more water or a little coconut milk to the sauce. If you can’t find lime rice, make regular quick-cooking rice and add the juice and zest from one lime. The shrimp, curry and rice can all be made ahead, but stir in the coconut chips just before serving.
Spicy Red Curry Shrimp Bowl
2 Tbs. avocado oil or other cooking oil
1 cup thinly sliced white onion (about ½ onion)
¾ pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 16–20 shrimp)
1 (7-ounce) package Saffron Road Thai Red Curry Simmer Sauce
½ cup water
1 package (8.8-ounces) Tasty Bite Thai Lime Rice
⅓ cup Dang Toasted Coconut Chips
Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
¼ cup toasted peanuts
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3–4 minutes, until softened. Push to the side of the skillet.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Flip to other side and cook for another minute.
- Reduce heat to low, and add Thai curry sauce and water. Stir gently and simmer until sauce begins to bubble. Remove from heat.
- While sauce is simmering, prepare lime rice according to package instructions. Transfer cooked rice to a large bowl.
- Just before serving, stir coconut chips into rice. Scoop into four serving bowls. Top with shrimp and curry sauce, and garnish with cilantro and toasted peanuts.
PER SERVING: 356 cal, 16g fat (8g mono, 2g poly, 6g sat), 107mg chol, 945mg sodium, 33g carb (2g fiber, 3g sugars), 15g protein