The old paradigm of medicine is rapidly changing. People are becoming aware of the limitations of modern medicine which basically are centered around controlling symptoms, but not really curing.
Elisa Lottor, Ph.D., HMD, is an expert in nutrition, homeopathy, and energy medicine with a special interest in regenerative medicine and women’s health. An international lecturer and consultant, she has had a homeopathy and nutrition practice for more than 30 years. Her new book, The Miracle of Regenerative Medicine: How to Naturally Reverse the Aging Process is about THE new paradigm that’s emerging in the field of medicine and healthcare. This new paradigm of medicine–which focuses on the regenerative abilities of the body rather than symptom management explains how each of us can turn on the body’s self-healing abilities, prevent illness before it starts, and reverse the aging process to live longer, healthier, and happier lives.
Beginning with a focus on the foods we eat, the author reveals how many diseases and symptoms of aging are the result of inflammation in the body, caused by poor diet and a lack of crucial nutrients. She explains the top foods to avoid, such as refined sugar, and the best nutrient-rich foods to include, along with easy and delicious recipes.
Showing how regenerative medicine treats the roots of aging and disease, preventing them before they start, she details the regenerative properties of the liver complex, explaining the best ways to detox, and reveals how to restore optimal microbe balance in your gut. Dr. Lottor explores the regenerative properties of adaptogens, herbs, and nutriceuticals, the unobtrusive healing practices of energy medicine, the importance of hormone balance, and the concept of living water. She also underscores sleep as a core regenerative therapy.
Looking at the most cutting-edge research in the rapidly emerging field of regenerative medicine, Dr. Lottor examines the potential of stem cell therapies for regeneration of joints and organs as well as for lengthening our DNA’s telomeres, the shrinkage of which is now considered a chief cause of aging. She also looks at the science of gene expression–epigenetics–and how DNA can be used as both a health predictor and a tool for preventing inherited diseases. Including a comprehensive resource section for finding products and practitioners, Dr. Lottor offers each of us the necessary tools and information to reverse aging and participate in your own wellness.
Some of the lessons Dr. Lottor says she learned in writing this book include:
- The best diet is a whole-foods, plant-based diet with roots in tradition, which means time-proven foods (not necessarily a vegetarian diet).
- Inflammation is the root cause of practically every disease.
- Your gut microbiome changes after each meal. It controls mood, immunity and inflammation and is a vital part of your health. Fermented foods and fiber can help keep intestinal bacteria in balance.
- You are what you think because every cell in your body has “cellular intelligence” and will respond to your thoughts.
- Exercise is NOT optional as you age.
- You’re as young as your spine, so keep your body and mind flexible.
- An attitude of gratitude makes all the difference between a positive and negative mind-set.
- Your body’s ability to heal is greater than they have ever led you to believe.
- Be informed AND proactive about your health because you are responsible for your health.
- Taking away pain is not healing.
- Your genes are not your destiny.
- Aging is part of life, but looking and feeling old and becoming frail are optional.
In the book you will also learn the following information:
- How to turn on the body’s self-healing abilities, prevent illness before it starts, and reverse the aging process.
- How to activate the body’s regenerative abilities and combat inflammation through diet, supplements, detox, herbs, exercise, energy medicine, and mindfulness.
- Examine the science of epigenetics and the potential of stem cell therapies for regeneration of joints and organs as well as for healing the telomeres of our DNA.
- Reveal the importance of hormone balance and sleep as a core regenerative therapy.
Just because you are growing old, doesn’t mean that you must have multiple diseases and suffer from poor health. Learning how the body works and how you can use its regenerative properties to allow for optimal health will help our society shift to a new paradigm. In this new paradigm, old age doesn’t mean ill health. It means being healthy and enjoying life.
Reduce inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging and reduce risk of long-term disease.
Prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Support the body’s resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response.
Improves mood, memory, and focus.
Reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases.