Modern medicine and human health are at a critical crossroads, and the truth is that you, and not your genes, are in the driver’s seat. You are the one who gets to make informed decisions on how you use and nourish the evolutionary miracle that is your body. Combining analysis of cutting-edge scientific findings with our deepest ancestral wisdom and health-promoting practices, Sayer Ji, founder of GreenMedInfo, offers a time-tested program to help prevent and manage the most common health afflictions of our day — cancer, heart disease, neurodegenerative diseases, and metabolic syndrome.
Antiquated thinking and scientific dogma have long obstructed our understanding of our innate untapped potential for self-regeneration and radical healing. But Ji’s new book, Regenerate: Unlocking Your Body’s Radical Resilience Through the New Biology, explains why biological time is not a downward spiral, and how chronic illness is not inevitable when you implement nature’s resiliency tools.
Over the last decade, the rise of the gut microbiome has shifted mainstream medicine. Every health practitioner speaks of bacteria, the immune system, and the digestive system’s role in health.
While the focus has been on bacteria, human physiology has also changed significantly in the last decade. One problem that faces the practitioner and patient in healing the gut microbiome is its supreme complexity and its interaction with the human body needs a full understanding of our own responses.
The book is divided into different phases that help illustrate the types of interactions we can expect. Highlights include:
- Health Benefits of High Quality Water—Since water makes up to 99 percent of the molecules in your body, what you drink can be a major source of regeneration and enhanced detoxification. Aim for an ounce of water daily for every two pounds of body weight. Water that comes from underground springs is a good source, and sunlight infused water in a glass container will also positively charge it up.
- Establishing Ancestral Diet Patterns – Strip your diet of the degenerative effects of the Western Pattern Diet and start rebooting your body with a naturally regenerative, ancestral diet of 100 percent organic and non-GMO foods, including fruit, vegetables, good fats, grass-fed meat and chicken and wild fish.
- Supplementation – Supplements fight inflammation, support cellular regeneration, and protect against initiation of chronic disease. Slowly introduce regenerative supplements into your diet. Examples include, turmeric (spice), resveratrol (grapes), flaxseed, pomegranate, ginger, magnesium, fish oil and ginkgo biloba.
- Weekly Dietary Detox—Once a week, practice a form of caloric restriction, even if it’s only skipping breakfast one morning. Because our bodies have alternative sources of energy and matter available to us, fasting can be defined as an act of intentional self-deprivation that reorients our bodily needs towards a source of sustenance that is invisible but no less real.
- Mind/Body Healing Techniques—Examples include Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), which helps manage the impact of difficult emotions through diaphragmatic breathing, mantras and affirmations and visualizations. Aromatherapy and Therapeutic Massage helps the body.
With an updated understanding of human physiology, we are moving towards the complete picture as to how natural medicines produce real improvements to health.
Encoded within every tissue of your body is your ability to regenerate. Unlock your radical resiliency through this roadmap for diet, exercise, stress reduction, and the cultivation of the environment in which you choose to live.
Reduce inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging and reduce risk of long-term disease.
Prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Support the body’s resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response.
Improves mood, memory, and focus.
Reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases.