Imagine waking up feeling refreshed, strong, and vibrant, with your hormones in balance and your body nourished, stable, and supported on both the emotional and physical levels.
For the millions who are grappling with rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, inflammatory bowel disease, type one diabetes, and numerous other autoimmune conditions, this vision seems so distant from the daily reality that it seems an impossibility. In spite of increasing knowledge and awareness, the causes and effects of autoimmune conditions are often misunderstood, and the connection between inner well-being and physical health is not fully explored.
As an acupuncturist and herbalist with over 15 years of clinical experience, Aimee Raupp, M.S., L.Ac., has treated a variety of autoimmune conditions, as well as managed her own. Her new book, Body Belief: How To Heal Autoimmune Diseases, Radically Shift Your Health, and Learn to Love Your Body More, bridges the gap between our internal and external healing to present a holistic and practical approach. Her plan is based on the core pillars of reconnecting to ourselves, renewing our beliefs, and reawakening our health and avoiding body disconnect, behavioral sabotage, and environmental toxins.
As you follow Raupp’s two-phase Body Belief diet and Body Belief lifestyle roadmap, your whole self will begin to thrive, both inside and out. Raupp guides you step by step through a 12-week diet plan, weekly Body Belief guide, shopping lists, menus, meditations, mantras, and DIY and commercial suggestions for bath, beauty, and home products for self-care.
There are three pillars to the Body Belief plan that can play a huge role in your health. They are:
- Reconnect–The most necessary pillar of the plan. Listen to your body, hearing the conversations you have in your own mind, critically (and lovingly) questioning your beliefs, and getting back to knowing you as you are right now—inside and out. When you reconnect to you, to your body, to your thoughts, to the beliefs that shape your perception of the world, and to your everyday choices, that’s when radical healing happens.
- Renew—This means to start the process of shifting your beliefs about your body, your health, and how you function in the world from where you are now to a refreshed version of you. Renewed beliefs are not necessarily different from the beliefs you currently have; they may simply be a more positive version of them.
- Reawaken—When you come back to life, where your healing process takes root and transformation begins. It’s where your new tools become habits and your new Body Belief lifestyle becomes you.
What do you need to do to get ready for the Body Belief program?
- Begin eliminating the food you should never eat again – gluten, soy, added sugar, artificial sweeteners, food chemicals, and processed vegetable oils.
- Start food shopping for organic, fresh vegetables and fruit along with high quality meats, fish, and fat. Avoid nightshade vegetables.
- Cut back or completely remove alcohol, coffee, grains, dairy, and beans from your diet.
- Make your own bone broth.
- Take 5 to 10 minutes every day and visualize a healthier version of you.
With warmth and sensitivity, Raupp explores how our beliefs dictate our behavior, which ultimately dictates our health. Every person deserves to feel good, and everyone is capable of making their optimal self a reality.
Reduce inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging and reduce risk of long-term disease.
Prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Support the body’s resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response.
Improves mood, memory, and focus.
Reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases.