This is served French style, as a salade composée—each person assembles the elements on a plate and then drizzles with vinaigrette.
Simple Sheet-Pan Tuna Niçoise
8 ounces haricots verts or very slender green beans
2½ cups cherry tomatoes
2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
Pinch each of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
2 ahi tuna steaks, sear grade (about 8 ounces each)
¼ cup OrganicVille Herbs de Provence Organic Vinaigrette, plus more for serving
4 large eggs
1 cup (about 5 ounces) pitted Niçoise olives
1 lemon (cut into wedges)
5 ounces baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Bring a medium pot of water to boil (enough to submerge four eggs).
- In a medium bowl, toss haricots verts and cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on the prepared sheet pan and roast for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush tuna steaks with Herbs de Provence dressing. Gently submerge eggs in boiling water; reduce to a gentle boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- After haricots verts and tomatoes have cooked for 5 minutes, add seasoned tuna steaks and olives in a single layer to the sheet pan. Continue roasting until tuna is cooked through (internal temperature of 115–120 degrees) and vegetables are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs from boiling water and run under ice water to cool. Peel eggs and cut in half.
- On the sheet pan, garnish tuna and vegetables with lemon wedges, halved eggs and freshly ground pepper. Serve on the pan with a large bowl of baby spinach, plus dressing for drizzling.
PER SERVING: 377 cal, 21g fat (12g mono, 5g poly, 4g sat), 230mg chol, 443mg sodium, 10g carb (4g fiber, 3g sugars), 37g protein
SOURCE: The recipe and photo by Carsen Snyder is posted by permission of Delicious Living (and its parent company New Hope Network), a trusted voice in the natural living community for 30 years.