Gluten-free eating and cooking can be difficult, and once it gets cold outside, your options are even more limited.
What’s an (aspiring) gluten-free chef to do?
Break out your slow cooker. This is your secret weapon to tackle 3 of the biggest problems about making meals at home: convenience, health, and taste.
Well, guess what: the slow cooker can make anyone look like a good chef.
To show you the power of a slow cooker when it comes to gluten-free cooking, here are 7 of our favorite gluten-free slow cooker recipes, broken down to savory meals and sweet treats…
Savory, Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Recipes
- Mexican Chili – This chili recipe carries a hint of spice in it to help warm you up from the inside out. Although delicious served fresh from the slow cooker, like most stews this chili is great refrigerated for a couple days and then eaten reheated with some tortilla chips.
- Stew with Buffalo Sausage – This stew is what most of us dream about when we think about slow cooked winter meals. This stew is packed with herbs, vegetables, and bolstered with thick slices of sausage for a meal that is ideal for both lunch and dinner.
- American Haggis – Think you haven’t seen anything exciting yet? In that case, try out this amazing slow cooker haggis recipe, with an American twist on this Scottish classic.
- French Dip Sandwiches – After your try this recipe from Angela’s Kitchen, you will forget about all other fast-food chain interpretations of this delicious sandwich. With only 2-3 core ingredients and everything else most likely already in your pantry, these sandwiches are filled with savory goodness that are perfect for eating in the cold.
Sweet and Delicious, Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Recipes
- Apricot, Cherry, & Pear Compote – This dessert embraces dried fruit, which are perfect in the wintertime when fresh fruit may not be in season or as readily available. This hot and fruity dessert is perfect served over ice cream, with granola, or cooked with sweet wines for an adult twist.
- Banana Brown Betty – Banana fanatics rejoice! This brown betty is super simple to make, and celebrates all the sweet flavors of banana and mingles it with the warmth of ginger and a satisfying nutty crunch.
So as the days get colder, delicious slow cooker meals are the perfect way to heat up your home and body. After a long day at work, you’ll walk into a home that smells amazing and dinner is already ready. It’s as though you’ve been preparing a hearty meal all day without actually being in your kitchen.
Reduce inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging and reduce risk of long-term disease.
Prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Support the body’s resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response.
Improves mood, memory, and focus.
Reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases.