Pizzas are family favorites, but many of them are loaded with calories and unhealthy ingredients. This quick and easy Pesto Pizza delivers loads of benefits AND flavor. Save even more time by buying precut vegetables at your market’s salad bar.
⅔ cup thinly sliced red onion (about ½ onion)
2 cups small broccoli florets
8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
2 Tbs. olive oil
4 ounces premade basil pesto, such as Cucina & Amore or DeLallo Simply Pesto
2 thin pizza crusts (10–12 inches each), such as Angelic Bakehouse Flatzza, Against the
Grain Gourmet (GF) or Rustic Crust
4 ounces buffalo mozzarella cheese, sliced
1 cup bottled roasted red pepper strips, drained
1 cup arugula
Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss onion, broccoli, mushrooms and olive oil. Set aside.
- Divide and spread pesto evenly on both crusts, leaving a ½-inch border. Place half of mozzarella on each pizza. Evenly distribute roasted red peppers and onion-broccoli mixture over pizzas.
- Place both pizzas on baking sheets or pizza stones. Transfer to oven, reduce heat to 425 degrees, and cook for 10 minutes. Turn on broiler and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, until veggies and cheese are browned (watch carefully).
- Remove pizzas from oven. Top with fresh arugula and serve with balsamic vinegar for drizzling.
PER SERVING: 523 cal, 40g fat (18g mono, 13g poly, 9g sat), 22mg chol, 750mg sodium, 49g carb (10g fiber, 10g sugars), 19g protein
Reduce inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging and reduce risk of long-term disease.
Prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Support the body’s resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response.
Improves mood, memory, and focus.
Reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases.