This gluten-free and vegetarian Skillet Caprese Pizza is a treat to eat and a breeze to make. With four servings, it makes for a family-style feast.
- 1 cup (3 ounces) chickpea flour
- 1⅔ Tbs. olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine chickpea flour, 2 /3 Tbs. oil, salt, oregano and water; cover. Set aside 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil to a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; place on a rack in the bottom third of the oven while the oven preheats to 425°.
- Remove skillet from oven, pour in batter and swirl to coat. Bake 12 minutes or until edges of crust start to brown.
- Top crust with mozzarella and tomatoes. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10–12 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are softened. Remove from oven and top with basil, Parmesan and pepper. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
PER SERVING (¼ of pizza): 275 cal, 14g fat (7g mono, 1g poly, 6g sat), 24mg chol, 508mg sodium, 16g carb (3g sodium, 76g carb (6g fiber, 55g sugars), 10g protein
Reduce inflammatory process in cells, tissues, and blood vessels, helping to slow aging and reduce risk of long-term disease.
Prevents and repairs oxidative damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Support the body’s resistance to infection and strengthen immune vigilance and response.
Improves mood, memory, and focus.
Reduces risk factors for common degenerative and age-related diseases.